As a handyman, you must respond to service requests promptly and interact with the public in a kind and professional manner. As necessary, you will troubleshoot, fix, and/or escalate problems. You will be required to use and maintain equipment safely and in accordance with OSHA regulations. You will be required to keep a precise service tracker and create a service maintenance schedule for clients.
Tools and equipment of any kind are available. To work in a home context, you must be properly licensed by your state, maintain that license, and have a working understanding of the codes.
Handyman duties & responsibilities
Generally, Handyman is in charge of plumbing, mechanical, and electrical repairs. Here are some typical tasks which are carried out by a handyman:
- Make repairs to the electricity in public spaces, such as the laundry and lights.
- Make sure mechanical equipment is functional and has the necessary repairs done.
- Complete all general building upkeep and cleaning.
- Installing and updating plumbing, stairs, and floors as necessary.
- Keep recycling and trash bins handy all across the building.
- Upkeep and necessary repairs for heating and cooling systems.
Handyman skills and qualifications
A qualified handyman services in Snellville, GA applicant will be familiar with the fundamentals of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and customer service. This applicant will be knowledgeable in many different areas, but they will also be able to tell when a repair is outside their scope of expertise and recommend that their supervisor handle it. Some examples of handyman qualifications and talents are:
- Being able to handle hand and power equipment safely
- Plumbing system installation and replacement experience HVAC understanding and repair abilities Effective communication with renters and property management
- Self-motivated with strong time management abilities
Handyman salary expectations
The hourly wage for a handyman is $18.24 on average. Depending on the applicant’s geographic area, degree of education, and experience, the actual pay may change.
Handyman experience requirements
Prior professional experience might not be necessary if the company recruiting a Handyman has a staff of Handymen, which will open the applicant pool to entry-level individuals. A smaller facility might just have one handyman, who would require greater training and the capacity to work independently. A high-end or specialized facility could demand prior expertise in a related environment.